COCONUT CURRY CHICKEN SOUP:
• 1 whole white onion diced• 4 cloves garlic minced• 3 tablespoons cold pressed olive oil• 8 stalks celery chopped• 4 cups carrots chopped• 1 LB organic chicken cooked and chopped• 1 tbsp cumin• 2 tbsp thyme• 3 tbsp curry powder• 1 tbsp pepper • 2 tsp kosher salt• 1 container cha’s organic coconut milk• 3-4 quarts organic chicken broth (can also use leftover water from boiling small chicken which ends up being a broth.)
1. heat oil in large pot over medium-low. Add in diced onion and garlic. Let simmer for 3-5 mins. 2. Over medium heat, Add in vegetables and spices. Let sit for 7-10 mins mixing occasionally.3. Add in sliced chicken, chicken broth and bring to a boil. Reduce to medium low and let simmer, covered for 45 mins-1 hours. 4. Remove heat and add in can of coconut milk. Stir and serve. *If using whole chicken for broth, place chicken in soup pot with oil, onions, garlic, veg, spices and boil for 2 hours. Remove chicken from soup pot, slice desired amount and add back in the broth remaining. Cook for another 45 minutes and add in coconut milk. Stir and serve. *
• 1 cup sunflower seeds• 2 stalks celery • 2 small red peppers• 4 tbsp fresh basil• ½ cup fresh parsley• ½ cup fresh cilantro• 4 tbsp fresh lemon juice• 3 tbsp olive oil• 1 tsp cayenne pepper• ½ tsp salt• ¼ cup fresh chives
1. Finely dice the celery and peppers. Place in a medium salad bowl with the basil, parsley, cilantro, chives, and lemon juice. Let sit 5 minutes.2. Add in the remaining ingredients, mix well. Let sit for ½ hour before serving for the flavors to marinate in the fridge. 3. Adjust the flavor with pepper, salt, and cayenne. Enjoy.
GINGER MISO CHICKEN BOWL
• 1 chicken breast
• ½ avocado
• 1 cup purple cabbage
• 2 cups kale
• 1 cup black rice (or brown basmati)
• 2 cups chicken stock
• 1 tsp turmeric
• 1 tbsp oregano
• 1 tbsp paprika
• 1 tbsp cayenne
• 3-4 tbsp olive oil
• Salt and pepper to taste
Ginger miso dressing
• ¼ inch piece ginger• 2 cloves garlic• 3 tbsp lemon • 1 tbsp miso • 1 tbsp tahini • 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
1. In a large saucepan over medium heat, heat 1 tbsp of olive oil. Add in the kale and cabbage with enough water that it is almost covered. Cover with a lid and let braise for about 15 minutes.2. In a large pot, add in 1 cup of rice and 2 cups of chicken stock. Boil. Once boiling, cover with lid and reduce heat to low. Cook for 30 minutes. 3. In a food processor or blender add in all the ingredients for the miso dressing. Blend until smooth. Set aside.4. In a large skillet, heat up 1 tbsp olive oil over medium heat. Add your chicken breast. Cook for 5-7 minutes and add in your remaining spices to the chicken. Continue to cook for 8-10 minutes or until thoroughly cooked. Cut in slices. 5. Strain the kale and cabbage well. Add another tbsp of olive oil to the saucepan and place veggies back in, on med/low heat. Add in salt and pepper. Mix well.6. In a large bowl, scoop in 1 cup of rice, veggies, and chicken on top. Pour on the ginger miso dressing and enjoy.
Ginger coconut lentil soup
• 3 large carrots• 3 stalks celery• 1 red pepper• 6 cloves garlic minced• 3-inch piece of ginger minced• 1 onion, diced• 3 tbsp olive oil• 1 tsp thyme• 1 tsp nutmeg• 1 tbsp coriander • 1 tbsp cinnamon• 1 tsp paprika• Salt and pepper• 2 bay leaves • 1.5 cups-soaked lentils• 8 cups organic chicken stalk• 1 can coconut milk
1. Soak lentil over night or for 3 hours minimum. Strain and rinse before use. 2. In a large pot heat up oil. Add in onions and sauté for 3-5 minutes. 3. Add in minced garlic and chopped vegetables. Cooking for 7-10 minutes or until softened.4. Mix in lentils, ginger, and all spices, let sauté for 3 minutes. 5. Add in your bay leaves and chicken stock. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and let simmer covered for 45 minutes. 6. Uncover and continue to cook for another 15 minutes or until lentils are thoroughly cooked. 7. Reduce heat and add in your coconut milk. Stir and serve.
• 2 tbsp cold pressed olive oil• ¼ onion diced• 2 cloves garlic minced• ½ red pepper chopped• ½ green pepper chopped• ½ cup chopped tomatoes• 3 eggs• ½ tsp smoked paprika• ½ tsp cayenne• Salt and pepper to taste• 1 avocado
1. In a medium skillet, heat oil over medium. Add in onion and garlic. Let sauté.2. Add in peppers and spices. Let cook for 7-10 minutes stirring occasionally.3. Add in eggs and stir, let cook for another 5 minutes.4. In a bowl place sliced avocado.5. Place egg mixture and tomatoes on top and serve.
• ½ cucumber• 2 cups spinach• ½ avocado • 2 tablespoons ground flaxseeds• 1 cup blueberries• 1 tablespoon almond butter• 1 tablespoon chia seeds• 2 cups unsweetened almond milk (or more if not blending)• 1 scoop vegan protein (optional)
1. Blend all ingredients together in a blender and serve.